by Tom Ossa, CEO
RockWeb Systems Inc.
Dear valued client of RocklandWeb:
Please read this entire message.
Due to rising costs, we have made the difficult decision to increase the price of our various services by an average of 15%. This will take effect on July 1st, 2022.
As an example, our long-held standard hosting price of $39.95 per month (price has not increased for 6 years) must now be increased to $49.99 per month, a rise of 20%. On the flip side, single hour WordPress programming rates will rise from $99.95 to $109.95, an increase of approximately 10%.
Certain legacy hosted accounts will be increased to a lower amount than above. The percentage rise might differ, but no by more than 10% over average.
We are not making this decision lightly. We know the economic shifts of the past 2.5 years have been a burden. We hope you know that in making this decision, we are aiming to enhance that quality of your hosting and development services, not deprecate the quality.
The revenues will continually be reinvested in more efficient and powerful capabilities in our server and programming architecture, such as enhanced API connections with outside services (example: payments will be made quicker and more seamlessly in your website’s shopping carts), increased SSL security (protect sites from bad guys), and higher bandwidth per site, so you can begin to integrate video in your business models.
In addition, we have begun exploring the development of individual node servers, where each website can be hosted on its own, without bandwidth or space limitations of other tenants on that same server. This will be only for high-traffic, high-volume websites that need such capabilities for their customers.
If you are unsure of staying with RocklandWeb services, indeed we do understand. We are not the only hosting company in the world, and don’t expect all our valued clients to make the same concession we are posing to them.
As such, we are also and are offering several options for you to choose from, in order to make a qualified decision for your company:
- If you wish to leave RocklandWeb’s hosting and maintenance services, please reply to this email [LEAVING]. We will send you a zip file with your entire website, and retain your hosting plan for 30 days at the original hosting price, to give you time to move your website to another host.
- If your site is hosted with us and wish to pre-pay for an entire year of hosting, we will give you one month of hosting for free. You will only pay for 11 months of hosting. This will make the cost of your hosting this year actually less than if we kept the hosting price the same. You can elect for this option at any time between now and September 2nd, 2022.
- If your site is hosted with us and you wish to remain a customer, we will be adding several new goodies to your hosting plan:
- Increased bandwidth to your website – Our aim over the next 12 months is to speed up your website by an average of 20%, measured in milliseconds. Evaluation required, please reply back [ANALYZE]
- Increased storage space – Upon request, you can jack your storage space up to an extra 10 GB FOR FREE. Simply reply back to this email [BOOST].
We will include you in our new Small Business Advice podcast: Work Smarter, Not Harder. Right now it’s free to listen to on iOS, Google Podcast, and Spotify. But we’ll soon be launching a members only section, where we will start deep diving into your specific company’s concerns.
We will also be leveraging our business advisor network of several hundred industry veterans to provide sound business advice. I and Irene Gutmann (my trusted business advisor for RocklandWeb) have cultivated our respective business networks for nearly 15 years, as we learned and grew our companies. Now is the time for us to leverage them for your benefit.
https://anchor.fm/worksmartny, a weekly video advice podcast that provides advice on how to best develop your digital brand. You are also welcome to be a guest on this podcat, to help to promote your brand.
Back to the point, we prefer not to take the step of increasing prices. But we also wish to remain committed to our 200+ hosted clients, our advertising clients, our promotional clients, and most importantly – you. In order to help build your company, organization or cause.
We truly hope you will make the decision to remain with us. If so, I can assure you there will be more very cool announcements over this summer, which we have in the works for you.
Thank you. Please contact us if you have any questions.
CEO, RockWeb Systems Inc.